Monday, May 21, 2012

Saturday, May 19, 2012


Today I was up at 4:30 in the morning, so that I could pack and be ready to leave at 5:30 when the community truck left for Estelí. I rode in the back of the truck for an hour and a half with ten other people in order to get to Esteli. It was a pretty good ride though. It is pretty warm in the mornings and the countryside is beautiful. I had the truck drop me off at the bus stop in Esteli where I hoped Alvaro would be to pick me up. I had sent him an email on Thursday trying to figure out how to get from Esteli to San Isidro with the intention of checking my email on Friday. However, Luis left Lagartillo Thursday (with the flashdrive with the internet on it). Luckily Alvaro showed up within a couple of minutes.

Then we went to Evelyn’s for a little while so that Alvaro and her could figure out exactly how much Hijos del Maiz owed EOS for the installation of some technologies (Luis was going to meet with the on Saturday to pay the bill). We were there for a couple of hours and then left to get something to eat. Alvaro took me (and his daughter Mili) to a touristy café for an early lunch. We had banana yogurt, cheese, bread, tomatoes, and cucumbers. I thought it was really good. There was also a park there, so Mili played for a while too. Then we went to get insect repellent for me and Vitamin C for Mili since she was getting sick.

After we were done with that, we came back to San Isidro where Alvaro dropped me off at the office. I did some laundry and made some phone calls. I went to the restaurant around the block for supper since I didn’t have any food in the office. I had beef strips with chili sauce, banana chips, rice, and coleslaw. It was really good. Then, I came back and called it an early night since I was pretty tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment